Saturday, August 27, 2011

For my favorite quilter

Jo Beth and I were next-door neighbors and only 12 days apart in age. (She loves reminding me that I'm the oldest!) A couple years ago she and her quilting friends made a beautiful quilt for the Hospice Association auction. I thought that was especially thoughtful since she now lives in GA and I am in WA. I was in Atlanta this week on business and got to have dinner with her. I gave her this necklace as a long overdue thank you for the quilt.

At first she thought one of the charms was an ice cream scoop--it's a rotary cutter--and she didn't notice that the pendant is actually a quilting piece. She liked it regardless and thinks her quilting friends will be jealous. My wish is that she will wear it and feel my gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment