Thursday, November 24, 2011

Bottling time

I had big plans for bottling my Homemade Cherry Bounce. I ordered special swing-top bottles and labels. I bought green polymer clay, black wire and red beads to make a holly berry dangle for the bottle. After washing all the bottles and utensils, bowls, funnel, etc, draining the cherries, filtering the hootch and filling the bottles yesterday, I ran out of steam. No dangles. However, I did pit all four quarts of cherries and froze them in separate packages to use for baking. I plan to make some buttermilk, cherry and pecan scones for breakfast tomorrow. The cherry bounce will go with me to dinner today at Susie's so that every family gets a bottle of "Santa's Helper". I tried a little yesterday and it was "okay". Not sure I will go to this much work again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment