Sunday, January 15, 2012

Martha weekend--part three

I also made a piece of jewelry on Saturday. I bought a simple deep-purple cardigan sweater trimmed in teal a couple weeks ago. I've been noodling with a necklace design and wanted to try a lasso closure. I really like the way this turned out and wish I were better at taking pictures!
Woke up to a beautiful snowfall--about 3 fluffy inches. The sky is bright blue. It's the kind of day that really makes me appreciate this house and all the wonderful windows. I feel like I am in the middle of a winter wonderland, but I'm warm and dry. Cleaned out the freezer and inventoried the stores early this AM. I made some pickled vegetables before Shel was even up. They will go on the pork carnitas I will make later. I'm going to try my hand with homemade tortillas. I know; who would make homemade tortillas? Obviously, the same person that makes homemade crackers! Been cooking up more than just crackers. Made Shel some biscuits and gravy for breakfast after he came in from an hour romp in the snow with Wilson.

I am going to paint today! Decided on a subject for today's painting--a meadow/mountain landscape. Shel's question to me was, "what are we going to do with all these paintings?" Good question! I'm also beginning to wonder about the jewelry and even the food. I started creating things at home to compensate for so much of my work being intangible. However, what does one do with the tangibles that are stacking up?

No comments:

Post a Comment