Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Seester Nancy

There are seven of us that we refer to as "sisters". It started when I moved here eight years ago and nudged my way into the Daniels' family. My dad and mom lived here in WWII and my mom worked with the sisters' mom, Lee Ann. Our parents stayed friends over the years. When Shel and I looked for a place to retire to we chose this beautiful area and felt we had an instant community thanks to the hospitality of the Daniels' clan. Our instant family expanded since we moved here to include friends of the Daniels' sisters. Nancy is one of those friends. We celebrate the "sisters" birthdays together about 3-4 times a year. Last nite we celebrated Nancy and Diane's birthdays, which fall in February.

Nancy is a witty, beautiful woman that I admire and enjoy. I made this necklace for her and was pleased when she showed up at last nite's party in the perfect green top to wear with the necklace. There's a story to the piece. My oldest friend, Jo Beth, sent me the pendant in December. Someone gave it to her and she never found a chain for it. She thought of me and my jewelry hobby and thought I would find a good use for it. I strung the necklace with various shades of caledonia and seed beads and then added the pendant. Thanks, Jo Beth and Happy birthday, Nancy!

1 comment:

  1. This lovely, lonely bauble spent too much time in my jewelry box. Thank you for helping her achieve her destiny. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete